Over the last while more and more emulators have been making their way to the PlayBook. If we were to ask anyone what was still missing, I think you would be hard pressed not to hear Nintendo 64 (N64). As my first post to OSBB I'm happy to announce the release of a public beta of Mupen64Plus-PB. While there are a few issues left, many games work perfectly and it would be a shame to hold onto it any longer.
Now down to some instructions, release notes and the all important download link.
Download the .bar file and sideload it using the newest DDPB or similar tool.
*Disclaimer: We will not help obtaining games or any other files. Search elsewhere.
- To create the necessary folder structure, run Mupen64Plus-PB before trying to add roms.
- You should be shown an empty dialog box.
- Press "Cancel" and the application will exit.
- Next, connect your PlayBook to your computer or enable wireless sharing.
- Open "My Computer" and select the BlackBerry network drive.
- Navigate to misc/n64/roms/ and copy your legally obtained games here.
- The dialog for picking games will also allow you to change the video plugin or disable the sound. At a minimum, a rom and at most one video plugin need to be used.
To load Hi-Res textures:
- Run the target game first to create the needed folders.
- Find the texture packs online and copy into /misc/n64/hires_texture/[game]
- Start up the game and wait for it to load as it will take longer.
Save/load state buttons are located in the top left/right corners. To hide these, tap the top middle of the screen.
Mupen64Plus for Touchpad: Here
Metricity: Big thanks for his HP Touchpad port and his help.
Jtokarchuk: Providing the icon.
If you enjoyed the emulator and wish to donate, you can do so here: Donate