Space TV + for the BlackBerry Z10 is an application designed to provide users with space related news, photos, and video, wrapped in an intuitive and smooth interface. This evening, I submitted an update for the app that includes some new features, some bug fixes, and a little polish.
Version 18.104.22.168 of Space TV + includes the following fixes and feature updates:
- Now works with or without BBM permissions/integration
- Added one time tutorial overlay on first launch
- Optimized orientation settings for video player
- Added “Contact Us” page allowing users to email support directly from app
- Added link to review the app in BlackBerry World
- Added detailed release notes in HELP area
- The video feeds have been replaced and volume levels should be much better now
- Further formatting fixes for Image of the Day date display
- Improved rendering speed for image lists in Curiosity galleries
- Added notice/disclaimer regarding data usage and streaming HD video
With the US launch of the BlackBerry Z10 Fast approaching, I now have to decide how to market Space TV + to the masses. Luckily, Space TV + is currently featured in the BlackBerry World carousel, and the app carries Built for BlackBerry certification, so that helps.
With regards to marketing my app, it occurs to me that #TeamBlackBerry is made up of the smartest people I know, so why not ask them? So, tell me… tell me how to market Space TV +.
Any suggestions are welcome